I, Leonardo Da Vinci
Video Item Preview
Share or Embed This Item
I, Leonardo Da Vinci
- Publication date
- Educational Film, Renaissance (1300-1600), Artists, Biography (Persons), Biography (Persons), Renaissance (1300-1600), Artists
- CRM Films 2215 Faraday Ave Carlsbad CA 92008-9919 USA (800)421-0833 (760)431-9800 http://www.crmfilms.com
I, Leonardo Da Vinci reel 2 Film biography of Leonardo da Vinci, the great Renaissance man, points out the enormous influence of his ideas and innovations as painter, sculptor, architect, engineer, and scientist on the western world.
Search Educational Film Journals at Media History Project for references to this film
Explores Da Vinci's intellectual and artistic interests and talents. Depicts the Renaissance period.
- 2015-06-10 01:28:21
- Around me the silence of failure. I was forty five years old and stale and accomplish nothing. I had thought three D. myself through one great work and I had bungled. But nature a great teacher the ill suited me. Challenged and gave me a local pub on. What it is like it serves the earth as blood does the human body it defies its own weight by rising in plants in the form of SAP others may not agree but it is so. What it carries out its own speed it flows downhill it seeks its own level. Light moves from an object as in the ways from a stones thrown in water the rays which make the do not emanate from the eye as others think. Water increases speed with any kind of held by its own weight. There is great power in rushing water and falling weights man can make it work for you. Know Nando did make it worth it was centuries ahead of his time in this understand the laws of gravity and I draw leaks he could find practical application for everything that he saw water wheels for irrigation water pumps activated by interconnected gears the forerunner of the water turbine air conditioning devices power saws all of them driven by water. He recognized the potential energy in falling weights and use them to design controllable power. Libels minting machine. An automatic file cutter he was fascinated with the potential of completely automated machines. To design clocks before when the grandfather clock and he studied how to transmit power by gears understanding and so will that he conceived the transmission for the modern automobile. Own list of time even from his courtly duties. Then one day the Duke said that's L.A. and auto enough of this I want a great statue of a horse to glorify my father it will stand in this courtyard. I would build this joke of mine no horse has no emperor ever dream of horse for a twenty three feet high and lifelike and every engineer ever be a problem to cast so great a mass but I would solving. It Ms be the quintessence of beauty in ages most graceful animals. I search for a model but no more suited to I would have to create in. You Dalin too long. The Duke is impatient for results. He has asked Florence to send him to sculpt those able to perform this work let him search for them I cannot hurry. Yeah and I began to build first the frame and then collate and more and play again. Dawson Brown's will weigh one hundred thousand pounds. You will never keep proportion in that size. It will not be able to cost him he will not be able to move it. If he does succeed it will be the greatest thing ever done. Only our city will have so great a work. As well as an auto. The Great Hall groove of streets and a markup of. The miracle one of them. Ravioli enough. That these someone might step these is necessarily not know you are assured of the mud covered a. News. Great hole was surely you are on my. When will it be kept in bronze. Whedon will cast it by fairly or not though. I do not know. That yoke is now at war with France and there is no Browns to be had for the horse. It was one of the endless was a period friends invented the territories of the DO. Town after town fell to the French. Finally me line the capital surrendered and the duke was crushed and within little not those hopes. That yoke has lost the war. And there will be no further work on the horse. But the giant horse still stood in the courtyard of the ducal palace now occupied by the King of France. And in the court. The door come to company of French. A little more bull and the loot is pool wine is sour and water they are far to Lara and gain nothing only the oars use only as a target. THANK YOU THANK GOD I got crossed out and got out the. Bag. Whatever the entres left the rain would love to way soon there would be only the wooden frame of the dry and horse. Even that would be gone. Now somehow the years seen shorter known under was forty eight. He was still active and vigorous but he found himself in the sunset of his years. He had returned of loans and now he was much in demand. They flock to press their commissions some he accepted but he did little work done them in these years he seemed less interested in art than and science especially anatomy. Is approach was less that of the painter than the scientist is observations when the found ical I could precise is illustrations the work of perhaps the greatest draughtsman of all time. It was the first man in history accurately to draw the skeleton. To indicate the double curvature of the spine and the function and shape of the vertebrae. Loan and all represented the muscles and noted that they working groups as well as individually and that some relaxed to allow full scope to others something not fully recognize to listen to it it was the first I could lead to represent the structure of the wrist in the hand. Use of painstaking unpleasant effort. It was not just work but I did not begrudge it. I lived with a sir by Father the better to afford my experiments. I had accepted their commission for a virgin and sane ad and at their urge installed time from my studies to draw the card thought it was well received. But I was not satisfied. Wouldn't Get God that I were able to reveal human nature. As I can describe the body. Face upon face a woman I had drawn and worked over but how could I capture the soul of them white mother temptress healer companion not a series of women but one woman to symbolise them all. Then one day a Florentine merchant Francesco Del Japan as we do a portrait of his wife Mona Lisa and I had found my ideal model. This painting must be perfect. I hired musicians that she might be a nice while she sat for. A jest to amuse. And I drew a chair for me and sparing I drew the couple it took a long time. It is lovely but it is a painting I conditioned. It will come after the god gone. Perfect. Once again I sought perfection and even a search for that comes slow. Some days I merely look and others I drew a line I do not care how long it took it must be perfect. But I despaired my skills were not enough. I took refuge in my studies of bird in truce is that great bird came to flap its wings at that my grade I had a wish to see the earth as they see the clouds in the skies as they know that the more I studied the more I understood I became convinced that man to can fly I set out to build him win. For the murder is a living machine as all living bodies a machine. Marvelously designed for natural movement the murders adapted to the laws of the wind in the air it moves effortlessly it saw has occurred. Flows it follows the urgings of the air. Resisting it just swim or against the current using it as a boat with the wind is still. A rising current seizes on the wings and boost the bird Why should it not raise a man. Equip a man with wings. Design those wings to be efficient and man too can rise above the earth. Says the burden comparison is much stronger than man the way he should be a lot. That we have a bat would seem the most useful the brain should be light inside. The covering should be strong resistance. Man may lie down with the better to see that old who should be light as light as possible. And ask you what also so there are many parts. Ability but choose one model and building. And pick some high place move towards the edge just as you can. At the edge. Spring unafraid into the void. The current knowledge of they are stretches limitless below it. Been afraid you always are your salvation even should you blaming. The hearse will be slight I know. And once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward for there you have been and than you were great at. All wonderful bird all marvelous machine of make what use so effortlessly do man can copy with ever with pain but man to can find yes I know. But I was a painter and was not in the sky but with a brush that I own my livelihood. The city of Florence on a day with a commission for a great painting in the pilot so badly some incident in one of the city's battles for independence. Make a land yellow was commissioned to do a similar painting and the two would be side by side in the great chamber. Once again it was a mirror but this war was dry. It was an hour. But unity for one last enduring work before my fingers grew sympathy. For months I tried compositions based on many battles Nuncio to. But if it was a struggle for liberty that I should debate then let me depicts struggle at its worst but death is death no matter what the battlefield let men be like him back that it's smell of death and yes even blog. Carefully I drew the cock don't. It is true for men tell an adult. They seen to move if the painting is one half destroyed the world will flock to see. The parade will be mixed with warm metal or to ensure that the colors do not face it allows for more careful work a technique laid down by the ancient Romans. A method of the Roman the says. That anyone we know. He is thing. Why should he be different from other. Literally Arnaldo this will be a masterpiece when it is completed. But the colors which used to that. Knock the pain to still stop. It is the oil light bridge is to speed the drying keep them let night and day but not too bright or fire. I would suggest lighting candles to the virgin instead. Of their prayer. Of. Coming. In a crib. We put on the fire. If you wish. Nothing could save the great miracles. For years it would remain upon the wall but never some clue and remnant of one of the greatest artistic efforts of the AIDS conscious from all over the world would come in and Myrick Rubens would draw it and call it the most wonderful work in Florence. But it did not seem fitting for the city fathers to sit in a room glorified by a rule and so one day they would called upon the painted a scrape Leonardo's work away and substitute it with something it was a. Great work would not result but it would have the saving virtue of being complete and man always loves completeness. It was the time of the long shadows the wonderings were although since Florence learn under had been with the Pope's in Rome would seize a Borders on these but now he wanted no more he waited at Amboise was seat of the King of France and France is the first showed in great affection and respect and gave him the chateau for even now known under shone with billions though his body was partially paralyzed. The mind how do lives the usefulness of the body which caused even in these last hours a grows impatient with the hand which strains to scrawl there is so much to do now was so much to go and I tried to do every last Will I be remembered what remains on most all of it is here. A portrait of Mona Lisa. Almost any how much remains to be done. But even in this state far too late for the commission. I wished for perfection but it is not the. Not a thing. I did at long last finished the Virgin insane man but far too late but the good so I thought I was made a forgive me. I do need so many notebooks filled with my observations and studies but how did this all on ACT they are. No one will understand the mixture. Of his life's work less than ten completed paintings abide Lou Napco. But he did leave mankind's Aus and pages of notes observations diagrams and studies the greatest accumulation of human knowledge ever amassed by one man in the history of the world. Anatomy. Inventions far ahead of his time military engineering architecture and city planning. Flight. Hydraulic engineering not until the nineteenth century would be no so much. Natural science. Optics acoustics astronomy physics or mathematics. It would take mankind centuries to rediscover and utilize this knowledge for the notebooks were not understood was stored away many were lost. Learn and oh did well to fear not for is name but his legacy. Saying. This that while I thought I was learning to live I have been learning to die. But Tommy was anything at all accomplished. Wise it. Was quiet. Like a bird he rose above his fellow men often beyond their sight almost always be on their understanding. The price he paid was great his was the loneliness of concentration his was the agony of trial and sense of failure. But his was also the joy of knowing I'm reliving the greatest adventure the man can aspire to pit his mind against the unknown and find the answer. What matter that he was misunderstood what difference is knowledge was almost lost. But good source through the clouds we know not to what effect but it is nonetheless a sublime. The media across the sky flashes only a brief wait but it creates a stop.
- Run time
- Internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.3
- Worldcat (source edition)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write a review.
H.264 Uplevel BACK
OGG VIDEO Uplevel BACK
IN COLLECTIONSEducational Films Ephemeral Films
Uploaded by scampbell3 on